The Public Council of National Geological Exploration Company Qazgeology JSC is an advisory and consultative body formed from representatives of public organizations, non-profit organizations and citizens under the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Public Councils” dated November 2, 2015 #282-V LRK (hereinafter – the Law).
The purpose of the Public Council is to express the opinion of civil society on socially significant issues of Qazgeology JSC.
The tasks of the Public Council are: 1) representation of interests of civil society, consideration of public opinion when discussing and making decisions relating to the activities of Qazgeology JSC; 2) development of interaction of Qazgeology JSC with civil society; 3) organization of public control and ensuring transparency of Qazgeology JSC’s activities.
The powers of the Public Council include:
- approval of the Bylaws of the Public Council;
- discussion of draft strategies and development plans;
- discussion of reports and monitoring the implementation of strategies and development plans;
- discussion of the results of financial and economic activities;
- implementation of public control in the forms prescribed by the Law;
- development and submission of proposals to state bodies to improve the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- and other powers provided for by the Law.
The Public Council of Qazgeology JSC meets at least once a quarter.